Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Corner of Reality

The past few months have been filled with economic uncertainty and charges of political corruption. Mr. Bernard Madoff was among the most trusted men in the world. Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was recently among the closest of allies to the president-elect. Baltimore major, Shelia Dixon has been endicted on bribery and perjury charges.

I have never considered myself as the sharpest tool in the shed of thinkers. Therefore, I wonder how so many of those I once believed to be so sharp are exposed as being dull in their views. The US political situation has become unmanageable over the last 8 years, which could easily lead to the nation's crash into disorder and even dictatorial rule. Each time I have suggested widespread political corruption and mismanagement, the "sharp" minds convinced med that perhaps I was a bit cynical. I no longer accept that premise.

No comments: