Saturday, November 8, 2008

Always A Thankful Thanksgiving

Everyone has pressures pushing down upon them and few are exempt, possibly the dead, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and President George Bush. The rest of us struggle to make a living and to retain the integrity of our souls in the process. Some of us may have recently been forced into isolation by family members. It's not easy, but it's all there is. I doubt if many of us don't have at least a few past acquaintance's who are either no longer living or are having cancer problems or some other tremendous struggle. I can't speak for others, but it's often not difficult to encounter someone who's hurting fiscally and emotionally. However, we all move on. We have to.

The months of September through December have always been among my favorites. There's just something fundamentally sound, unlike the US economy, about that time of year. This year will be better than many, as I've removed myself from a bizarre family dynamic. Their main contribution to my life was polluting my holiday cheer and creating as much doubt and despair in my mind as they could possibly manage. Perhaps they are harmless, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Wal Mart has Christmas music playing, so it should be timely to wish everyone a peaceful and safe Thanksgiving and Christmas. Think freely.

No comments: