Saturday, November 15, 2008

To US Congress; Don't Try to Act Stupid About Bailout

They knew exactly what it was, and they had 80% of their constituencies telling them not to vote for the Wall Street bailout. Congress now expects us to believe that they knew less than the constituents who were imploding with anger over the issue?
"I think it's fairly obvious that Congress would have never passed the [rescue plan] had it known how Treasury would marshal the resources it was given," Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D., Ohio) chairman of the subcommittee, said during his opening remarks.
I think it's fairly obvious Kucinich is either being dishonest or has no business in a leadership position, if he didn't see this trainwreck coming. That statement just doesn't represent what went down. I know Congress tried to put in a trap door if the deal went bad and are now trying to use that emergency exit. The public isn't that stupid. I don't know why Kucinich is trying to give cover to those who completely ignored the outcries from their constituents on this, but I don't like it.

What in earth about the Bush adminsistration's past history indicated they could be trusted? What? That's what I was saying then and what I'm saying now. If Pelosi and others voted for it just to try and hang another failure on Bush and the GOP, she's as guilty as Bush and his GOP hacks in this.

No comments: